- You can't close your wallet if you don’t have any withdrawable balance.
- You can't close your wallet if you have any pending refunds/merchant payments.
- You can't close your wallet if you haven’t linked a bank account on PhonePe.
How do I close my PhonePe Wallet?
Important: You will not be able to reactivate your PhonePe Wallet once you close it.
To close your PhonePe Wallet,
- Tap the Close Wallet button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the reason for closing the wallet.
- Tap Confirm and Deactivate Wallet.
- Tap DEACTIVATE WALLET.
What happens with my wallet balance?
When you close your PhonePe Wallet, any wallet balance will be transferred back to the original source of top-up. However, in case the reversal to the original source fails, that amount will be transferred to your primary linked bank account on PhonePe.
If your wallet closure is successful, it might take up to 3 to 5 days for UPI and 7 to 9 days for Credit or Debit card.
Note: In case you have not linked a bank account to your PhonePe account, you can add a beneficiary bank account before submitting the closure request. The amount will then be credited to your beneficiary bank account.